Friday, December 12, 2014

History Video #11: Vocabulary Review for Religion Quiz

In the last few chapters, we’ve met a king, a vain man, a drunkard, a businessman, a lamplighter and a geographer. 

Choose two of these characters and compare them to each other. In what ways are they similar, and in what ways are they different?

Dawson: These planets represent people who love something but are afraid to try it. The geographer who had never left his desk for example. I think he would love to go out and explore, but he was afraid of what might happen, and afraid what that would make of his reputation.

Leah: I could never imagine for [the king and the businessman] to meet without having a huge fight. 

I wish that in this book the author could make some characters meet, just so that we could see what would happen.

Tomas: What I wonder is, has the king ever judged himself? 

Does he know from experience how hard it is to judge yourself, or is he just imagining things as the businessman would say?

Lucas P.: They [the king and vain man] are different in another way. One had everything and one wanted everything.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweets by Martin Luther and Pope Leo X

The winners, as selected by you... My #MonkLife turned into a #PunkLife. Indulgences are a scam. #Gotta_say_that_for_the_fam (By Becca , Zac...