Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Architecture: An Art and a Science


During class today, we discussed vocabulary words related to cathedrals.

We learned that architecture is both the art and the science of designing and constructing buildings. The students are looking forward to tomorrow's visit by Mrs. Cox, who will talk in more detail about the architecture of the National Cathedral.

We also continued to work on our medieval art projects.

-------------

And, as a final reflection on A Proud Taste for Scarlet and Miniver, here is an excerpt by Peyton, writing from Eleanor's perspective in her last journal entry:

Even though a lot of people I have known and loved have passed away, I will still be waiting for them to join me up here. In my opinion, I have done well, because I am in heaven. 

And there is one thing that I will never forget: I really do have a proud taste for being a Queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweets by Martin Luther and Pope Leo X

The winners, as selected by you... My #MonkLife turned into a #PunkLife. Indulgences are a scam. #Gotta_say_that_for_the_fam (By Becca , Zac...