Today the students worked on their medieval art projects. I loved all the color and creativity!
Also, during a literature circle about The Magician's Elephant, Charles pointed out that the author repeatedly uses the word "weightlessness".
Charles's comment is an excellent example of close reading.
When an author (or a historian!) uses a certain word multiple times, it's usually for a specific reason. Thank you for the tip, Charles, because I will definitely be thinking about the idea of weightlessness as I continue to read The Magician's Elephant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tweets by Martin Luther and Pope Leo X
The winners, as selected by you... My #MonkLife turned into a #PunkLife. Indulgences are a scam. #Gotta_say_that_for_the_fam (By Becca , Zac...
-
Today in class we discussed several vocabulary words related to ancient Greece. The photograph above highlights the difference between rugge...
-
Today the students completed their Battle of the Ancient Civilizations projects, and we began to study ancient Greece . ----------- Many his...
-
Saint Jerome Reading , by Bellini (Interactive version here ) Ryan, Nikki, Henry and Peyton : Except for the blue sky and Saint Jerome...
No comments:
Post a Comment