Thursday, April 9, 2015

Impressions From Our Washington Adventure

Amanda

The National Cathedral. Awestruck when I laid eyes on it. Just giving myself a moment to breathe it all in. Cherry blossom trees surrounding the Gothic work of art like a beehive to a queen bee. The beautiful gargoyles and grotesques. 

I was even more astonished when the squeaky doors opened to go inside. The rainbow of colors and the excellent carving skills. Grey, yellow, blue, red, all coming together perfectly.


Ethan

The flower fountain in the National Gallery of Art. In the middle of all this art was a huge dome which was art in itself. And in this dome was a huge fountain surrounded by flowers. An assortment of flowers and a variety of color -- white, pink, yellow.

It was abstract. When I say abstract I mean there are many ways to look at it. One of the ways is that at the end of the road there will be a tranquility. Yeah - that was among the many things that amazed me at the art gallery.

Halle

As I slowly rounded the corner into the atrium, I saw a magnificent row of flowers in the center. It was like stepping into a field of just-bloomed flowers. The colors hit you so fast it hurt to look at them. 

There are no words to describe it. Every time I went around it I would spot something new.

Stewart

The gardens gave the whole Gallery an ambience that almost felt magical. The flowers filled the Gallery with a sweet rich aroma that made you feel like you were outdoors roaming a beautiful park or meadow.
Lisa

My favorite part of the National Gallery was not a visible piece of art. Some might even say that it isn't art at all. What is this? The answer - the sweet smell of flowers that greeted me as I took my first step into the museum. It was invisible art. Always there, and just as precious. So many different types of flowers, all working together to stir up one smell. The scent changed as I walked, just like the paintings.




Gresh

The Adoration of the Magi inspired me because of its magical size and its intricate frame.

I counted 26 animals, but everytime I recounted I seemed to find more! 

The level of detail is outstanding, and the way Fra and Fra painted the movement and emotion is just hard to believe.

Eli

The stained glass windows at the Cathedral. It wasn't just the intricate designs that made them astounding. It was mostly the way the light shone through them. It made the colors of the window change in a unique way. My favorite window was the one with the moon rock in it. The purple colors behind the moon rock were amazing, and the window just looked heavenly.


Alex

The stained glass windows seemed like they had been glistening and gleaming forever, pure light in and out.


More Impressions To Come Tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweets by Martin Luther and Pope Leo X

The winners, as selected by you... My #MonkLife turned into a #PunkLife. Indulgences are a scam. #Gotta_say_that_for_the_fam (By Becca , Zac...